The Family Circle Tennis Center will host its fifth annual Holiday Tennis Classic presented by Allstate/Wally Burbage Agency, from November 30th – December 2nd on Daniel Island.
This USTA SC Level 3 sanctioned event will be comprised of 2.5 – 4.5 Doubles and 6.0 – 9.0 Mixed Doubles. Participants may enter two events – one doubles and one mixed doubles – via the USTA’s TennisLink using tournament number 704126712.
“Our goal is to raise a significant amount of money to reach a cumulative five year total of $25,000 enabling us to secure a cancer treatment room at MUSC’s Hollings Cancer Center named in memory of Dr. John von Lehe,” said Wally Burbage, owner of the Wally Burbage Allstate Agency. “Everyone who participates will have a great tournament experience in support of the wonderful cause of advancing adult cancer patient treatment.”
MUSC will hold a raffle prior to, as well as during the tournament, to raise additional funds. Prizes for the Sunday, December 2, raffle will include:
- Wild Dunes Resort Villa and Round of golf at the Harbor Course
- Family Circle Cup Package (two tickets and two Member Pavilion guest passes for Saturday – Thursday)
- Oak Island Beach Weekend Getaway for two people
- Six-hour Yacht Harbor Sunset Cruise for eight people
- Spiritline Harbor Dinner Cruise for two and four Fort Sumter Tour tickets
- Tennis Package – Instinctive Tennis Academy once per week clinic for one month and Dunlop racket with backpack
Food and beverage will be provided for tournament players throughout the event. For specific questions about tennis programs, tournaments, and events, call Family Circle Tennis Center Pro Shop at (843) 849-5300. This tournament will coincide with the 2012 Holiday Festival on Daniel Island scheduled for Saturday, December 1, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. in Family Circle Stadium.
All tournament players are encouraged to bring a gift donation for the adult cancer patients. Suggested items include DVDs, headphones, magazines, footies with treads, winter hats, blankets, Boost/Ensure, single packs of applesauce, Jello (no red), and pudding, single packs of individually wrapped crackers, and juice boxes.